Basketball for Women
Becoming A Complete PlayerBook - 1996
While thousands of women basketball players have the talent to compete at a high level, they don't always have the opportunity, instruction, or training to do so. Basketball for Women was designed to help these players achieve their fullest potential.
Written by Nancy Lieberman-Cline and Robin Roberts, two women who know the game and how to excel at it, this practical guide challenges women from high school through college to develop their talent and skill to the highest level.
Basketball for Women provides 111 drills for improving and refining offensive and defensive skills. The authors explain the importance of each skill, identify the keys to proper technique, show how to correct common errors, and apply these skills in game situations. The drills are great tools for improving every practice and workout.
Unlike most basketball books for women, this unique resource goes beyond the basics to address topics for the serious-minded player, including:
- an overview of the history of women's basketball;
- identifying priorities, establishing goals, and seizing opportunities;
- 10 steps for handling success;
- getting the most out of practice and games;
- dealing with special game situations and matchups;
- where to play during the off-season;
- teamwork, coachability, and attitude; and
Filled with proven principles, innovative drills, and conditioning guidelines designed especially for women, Basketball for Women will help players eliminate their weaknesses and sharpen their strengths to succeed at any level.