Yankee Magazine's Now That's Ingenious!
Everyday Experts Reveal Their Secrets for Handling More Than 1,200 Common Cleanups, Fix-its, and Other Tasks Around the House and GardenBook - 2002
Use your car's brake fluid to dry-clean your clothes?
Banish back pain with a toothbrush?
Get pencil marks off your wallpaper with rye bread?
Now That's Ingenious!
Now, for the first time ever, you'll find years of hard-won wisdom from 95 of America's hands-on experts distilled into one book. Our experts know their stuff, too--because they use it every day to make their living. From kindergarten teachers to professional recyclers, from chefs to hat designers, these everyday experts give you effective, practical solutions for every house and yard problem, including:
* A "kool" cure for toilet-bowl stains
* The nail polish remover rescue for melted plastic
* A cleaning expert's secret ingredient
* The fabric-softener solution for stiff paintbrushes
* A "beer-ly" believable quick fix for that ugly white coating on old bricks
* The ultimate cure for dry, cracked skin: bananas
* And hundreds and hundreds more!
Now That's Ingenious! is brought to you by the editors of Yankee magazine, where ingenuity has been honed to a fine art. Each month, more than two million readers turn to Yankee magazine for its clever advice and traditional Yankee wisdom.